The following article is about The Eve Center located in Cincinnati, Ohio and the great services they offer.
Mrs. Roy is Eve Center Founder and Executive Director. She completed a Bachelor degree at University of Cincinnati, 1979 and a Masters of Art in Counseling at Cincinnati Christian University, 2003. She is a licensed professional clinical counselor for the state of Ohio and holds supervision status with the state.
She remains passionate about women and men understanding that identity and security lies in a personal relationship with God the Father through the Son – Jesus Christ. With that comes relational, spiritual and emotional recovery changing and restoring life beyond previous experience. Mrs. Roy is a writer, trainer, speaker, and mentor. Her motto is ‘come play with us, you will never be the same.’
“I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong. By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward – to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.“ Philippians 3: 12-14 The Message
Eve Center History
September 1st, 2003 is the founding day of the Eve Center. Cinny Roy had a notebook full of materials, a lap top and cell phone. There was no office, no board, no volunteers. Yet she knew there had to be a way to train women volunteers to be paraprofessional peer counselors to other women. There has to be a way of joining women’s life experiences with training so other women could experience relational, spiritual and emotional healing. She brought Center for Women’s Ministries Inc. program to Ohio, adopting their ministry model and national motto “We’ve been where you are”. That motto echoes in the heart of every woman who volunteers at Eve Center. We have been there. Eve Center volunteers are Christian women who have struggled in this life and who have taken incredible journeys of faith, hope, and healing. These are women who have been through abortions, abuse, grief, domestic violence, eating issues, depression, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. Not only have these women been there and made it through, but then they turn to offer a guiding hand to help other through as well.
Eve Center opened its doors June 2004 with 11 clients and a ‘guinea pig’ class of new volunteer peer counselors. The West location in Price Hill opened in May 2005. Sharon Parker, former Site Director at the Silverton/Kenwood location, said: “From the beginning, when we had no clue how far or how fast this would grow, Cinny Roy has never wavered in her belief that this was a program that was sorely needed. As Cinny says all the time, it started with a nudge from God, a cell phone, and her laptop. From what began as just a vision has grown to over 150 women trained, well over 100 clients being seen to each month, and hundreds who have been ministered to in peer counseling, training, book/Bible studies, educational seminars, and the resource libraries. I am proud to be an active volunteer from the beginning.”
- 2014, we have trained over 300 women and have over 100 active volunteers.
- We average over 30 new intakes each month and minister to about 300 women each month.
- We have a location in City Link and will be opening up our North Site by the end of 2014.
- Eve Center will then look towards the East and South to open up two more sites.
- We train 40 new volunteers each year with plans on doubling that in 2015.
- The Eve Center is committed to promoting Spiritual, Emotional, and Relational healing through one on one peer-counseling sessions, book studies, and support groups.
- Our HEART and HATCH support groups help women overcome the effects of being sexually abused or having an abortion.
- We now have four part-time employees as we try to keep up with how the LORD is blessing this ministry.