Creating a lasting impression in the minds of those around me for the sake of Christ and the Cross
Today I hear a lot about “Branding.” Every business, product, and individual is creating or developing a Brand. It seems like a “MUST HAVE” in today’s society.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying it is wrong to have a “Brand or Branding” your business, product, and service. Branding has been around for a long time. During the earlier days in the West ranches used “Branding” to identify their ranch and cattle. All the ranchers knew one another by their “Brand.” No two “Brands” were alike. Individuals can prefer one “Brand” to another because of the quality of ingredients.
The definition of Branding:
The act of giving a company a particular design or symbol in order to advertise its products and services. A way of creating a lasting impression in the minds of customers.
I pondered the cross-
Tomorrow Christians will celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. As I ponder the irreversible act of Jesus and the Cross the more, I see how I am Uniquely Branded.
I see the following features that describe how the irreversible act of Jesus and the Cross formed the Uniquely Branded Life that gives me an opportunity to create a lasting impression in the minds of those around me for the sake of Christ and the Cross.
- Humiliated – Christ was beaten beyond recognition and mocked. Yet never said a word. He endured for me!
- Crown of thorns – The Roman Soldiers made a crown out thorns and placed it on the head of Jesus and mashed it down. Causing blood to stream down and dripped into and cover His already beaten and scared face. He suffered for me!
- The Robe – They dressed Him in a God design garment for the High Priest. They may not have known, but they dressed Christ as a High Priest. He gives me access to Him!
- Wounds – The Roman Soldiers nailed Him to the cross with spikes in His hands and feet. They pierced Him in His side for my sins and transgressions.
- Scars – After Christ let Thomas feel His nailed pierced hands so he would believe. I have faith I believe.
- Life – When they pierced Him in His side water, and blood came streaming down. Water and blood are necessary to sustain life. Christ’s life flowed from Him making a way for me to have experience; a relationship with the Father. A relationship I didn’t have.
- Victory – “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit” “It is finished!” At this point, Christ had won the Victory over death, and scripture fulfilled. Christ had lived out His Father’s will and purpose. My Victory came when I said “Lord I’m yours, I want YOU as my LORD and SAVIOR!
The sum of my discovery.
The irreversible act of Jesus and the Cross gives me the Uniquely Branded life to create a lasting impression in the minds of those around me for the sake of Christ and the Cross.
Posted in: Helpful Resources
2 thoughts on “The Uniquely Branded Life” Leave a comment ›
Comments are closed.